Monday, July 26, 2010

PEACH BOATS WITH BLEU CHEESE, ALMONDS AND BALSAMIC CREME

   This is a special one. I get bags and bags of peaches every week from the Forest Hills CSA. For me a fresh local peach is pure heaven. It needs nothing else. But sometimes I like to get a little fancy and I took peach heaven to the next level.
    You know a peach is ready when you can cut it all around the pit and give it a spin between your palms and it pulls apart perfectly. After removing the pit, add some bleu cheese, in this case I used Sheep's Milk Bleu Cheese, add two almonds on top and drizzle with balsamic creme.
    They are sick! Sweet, tangy, juicy and cheesy!

2 comments:

Uca said...

interesting...fruit and cheese!

the table 10 supper club said...

yummmmmm!

anything called 'peach boats' and i'm in.