Monday, August 30, 2010

Uncle George

     Uncle George paid us a short but sweet visit. Uncle George is Marcy's brother who lives in Pennsylvania Dutch Country and deals in awesome antiques and plays banjo in a cool blue grass band. Since we don't see Uncle George often, a feast was in order. So Mommy made her special chicken cutlets, which are the bestest everest. I made some simple caprese salad, rice, my peach boats, a garden salad, and we had some nice wine, great conversation and good music.
      When my brother Joe and Uncle George are together all they talk about is music. It made me think about riding out to Grandma's house out on Long Island with my Mom, Uncle George and my brother's all packed into the chocolate brown Caprice Classic. When my brother's weren't torturing me in the back seat, we were all singing songs together. You'd think after all that practice I'd be able to carry a tune today.      
       Music has always been in our family and it stuck to some better than others. My brother Joe is a really amazing musician and in so many Uncle George gave him the gift of music with mpromptu banjo lessons, showing him blues chords and giving him cool hard to find records. When Uncle George's house on Penn's Creek flooded over and my uncle lost every earthly possession, my brother Joe gave him a guitar. I know I'm getting all mushy, but the gift of music is a beautiful thing.

No comments: