Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BBQ Spaghetti from The Neelys

    Have you seen the new show on food network Down Home with the Neelys? I absolutely love it. First of all, they make some delicious BBQ and sides. Besides that they are such a hilarious and smokin' hot power couple. Today, while rubbin' down some ribs, Pat said, "now you got to flip her and rub her down," and Gina looked at him and said, "Are you talking about me? I'm about to get on that counter." And I thought Food Network was for the family! And Gina's competition with Pat's mother makes for some good TV. She's always trying to outdo her mother-in-law's secret recipes, adding her own twist to them and saying, "Watch out mamma!" Its great.
    Today they made BBQ Spaghetti and at first I was a little taken aback. I am a traditionalist when it comes to pasta, so this seemed very strange at first, but when they started pulling the pork for the sauce, I was sold. Its like a southern style ragu and if I ever get around to making my own ribs, I am going to try it and serve it to Rocco for some really raw commentary. Its all about an open mind, even when it comes to the sauce. 
    Let me know what you think about BBQ Spaghetti from The Neelys.

No comments: