Saturday, May 16, 2009

GRILLED MEATBALLS?!?!?!

Has anyone ever had grilled meatballs? I am not sure how I feel about grilled meatballs. I do like to repeat the phrase grilled meatballs. It is an intriguing idea and the new meatball grill basket from Williams-Sonoma  looks like something I need, but I know its something I would use once and curse a millions times over because I don't have any place for it in my kitchen. Then during a purge it would give me a great deal of stress because I spent like $35 on it five years prior and my intentions for grilled meatballs are still there even thought I know it will never happen so I try to find someone to pawn it off on some sucker so I don't feel bad about throwing it in the trash. I don't even have a grill or any chairs in my backyard yet, I don't need this thing, but there is still a small part of me that wants to get this crazy gadget. What would a grilled meatball taste like? Smokey? Burger-ish? Unlike a burger, this basket does not allow the meat to really have contact with the grill so unless you're using charcoal or wood it might not add a lot of flavor. Any thoughts? What's next, a specially molded fry basket for hamburgers? It hurts me to say this, but the meatball grill basket seems like an unnecessary waste of space on a container ship from China only to be taking up even more wasted space in a landfill. I'll stick to old fashioned meatballs for now, but if anyone tries this tempting tool please let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

Rocco Galatioto said...

Carissima,
The whole idea of grilled meatballs sort of gives me acido.
It's tne sort of thing that only in America could even ve conceived.
Love
YD

Mitch said...

A specially molded fry basket for hamburgers? Yep, at Sur La Table, sliders flipped over nine at a time.