Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I do stones, I don't do bread!"

That's what the owner of the Graham Ave Monument shop told me when I walked in looking for a loaf of Eye-talian bread.
I have been to two too many funerals these past couple of weeks so it's morbidly appropriate that I am buying bread in a place that sells gravestones.
The owners cousin who lives in the other Brooklyn bakes it and he sells it to the happy old ladies of Williamsburg and to my friend Paul, who used the bread to make an excellent White Bean Kale Tuscan Bread Soup.
"Where did you get this bread, Paul?"
"Thd grave stone place."

5 comments:

pizzacommander said...

Zany, I have to check this place out!

Barbara GF said...

Awesome combo.

Jennifer Galatioto said...

The bread was awesome. I ate the entire loaf for lunch! Thanks for the comments!

Rocco Galatioto said...

Just what I needed, more lugubrious news. This would be the logical place to buy bread at Halloween.

Rocco Galatioto said...

Does the bread get a little stiff?