Thursday, July 2, 2009

NOT FOR THE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE...

    Whenever I mention a "food industry" book or documentary to friends, many will say, "Do I really want to read it?" Yes! But, for most people ignorance is bliss. They figure, "if it tastes good, I don't want to know what's in it!" because "what's in it" or what is delicious can turn out to be something bad and they would rather enjoy it than know the harm its doing. 
   Well I think ignorance is retarded. Check out this website: What's On My Food to literally find out what crazy pesticides and chemicals end up on your dinner plate. Think your just popping blueberries in your mouth? Blueberries are just the pizza crust delivering topping like Boscalid, Pyraclostrobin, Carbendazim and many many more. The website lists how often such chemicals are found and whether they are carcinogens, hormone disruptors, neurotoxins or reproductive toxicants. Okay, so I totally completely made you gag, but there is good news, the more organic food you eat, the less pesticides there are traveling around in your system. Geez and I was going to just start eating plastic!

1 comment:

Rocco Galatioto said...

You know what they say: ignorance is bliss.