Friday, October 16, 2009

VEGAN GERMAN APPLE CAKE


    I am always baking up something and I always bring whatever I make to work for Erik to consume. Erik is one of my favorite types of people, a human food vacuum. Whatever you give Erik he will eat (except meat), which is great because nothing I make, especially baked goods,   goes to waste. Erik is super duper tall and slim, so I don't even feel bad about making him fat because he can eat ridiculous amounts of food and never seems to gain a pound. Its perfect. 
    His gorgeous wife Carrie is a vegan, so she doesn't get to enjoy a lot of my baked goods, so I made this Vegan German Apple Cake with her in mind, hoping that it would make it home to her without Erik sucking it down. It did and she enjoyed it very much. 
   I got this recipe from the Joy of Vegan Baking, which is actually in Erik and Carrie's possession so I had to have Erik scan the recipe and email it to me. Its is the easiest cake to make, super light, a perfect dessert with some ice cream and really great for breakfast with some hot coffee.

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Fantastic! This cake looks scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Federica Simoni said...

buona questa torta di mele!!

micemilk said...

this cake was astonishing! the bottom was so light and fresh, and it had a nice balance with the tender apples on top.
seriously my favorite vegan cake of all time!

Half Assed Kitchen said...

Yum. And great photo too. Thanks!

Pszczoła said...

I can't enlarge the jpg with recipe. :(:(

Ellen said...

Here's the recipe in another link! Enjoy!
http://theveganmom.com/2010/01/21/recipe-of-the-week-german-apple-cake/

Ellen said...

Here's the recipe in another link! Enjoy!
http://theveganmom.com/2010/01/21/recipe-of-the-week-german-apple-cake/