Friday, June 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEACH!

    I had the best peach this morning. Kumar (above right), the awesome fruit vendor on 6th and Spring was excited when I took a nice sniff of his peaches and decided to by one. As I paid ($1, but it was worth it), he started spraying my peach, soaking my entire hand with a wonderful mist, then ordered me to sit down and eat it right away! I like this guy's enthusiasm. Many would say its just a peach. But this was a special peach, sweet and juicy and as I finished it, moaning in delight with peach juice running down my hand like a melting ice cream cone, passersby were giving me funny looks. "This is the best peach!"
    And, Happy Birthday to my favorite Cancer, Jeremy! (above left). For lunch we dined at Blue Ribbon Sushi. Our sushi was unbelievable! The eel avocado boxed roll and the special soft shell crab roll were both stand out. We're not sure which, but Frankenstein or a Neanderthal with epilepsy walked by as we ate Jeremy's birthday green tea creme brulee with a candle stuck in it and sang Happy Birthday in our best Spanish. 
    On the way back to the shoot, we passed by Kumar, and we got Jeremy a birthday peach. He got the whole treatment from Kumar, mist and everything. If you want a nice peach without having to go to Georgia, visit Kumar in Soho. He's awesome! And if you want to road trip with me to Georgia just for a peach, let me know!

6 comments:

Rocco Galatioto said...

What did he spray the peach with?
Rocco

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Was Kumar "styled" at all for this pic????

Marta said...

Hahahahaha that peach does sound delicious! It was probably infused with crack or something, to make it that memorable!
Well, you sang Feliz Cumpleannos in a Japanese restaurant, that seems absolutely pertinent! I love the randomness of this post, it's similar to my thoughts :)

DonnaFran said...

I want peaches now.

Jennifer Galatioto said...

Okay - Answer to Rocco: I have no idea what was in it. Maybe cyanide or like Marta thinks crack, whatever it was it made the peach os so much more juicy and delicious!
Answer to Ms. Holiday - Kumar totally styles himself. Not even kidding! I am obsessed with him and need to visit him every day!

adozeneggs said...

You can't really get a decent peach in VT!
But I've eaten at Blue Ribbon and we loved it!!
I wonder if Kumar will still have good peaches in September?...