Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SQUASH BLOSSOMS!

  The best part of joining a CSA is the mystery of what bundle of delicious greens we are going to get each week. This week, we got a lot of good stuff, including squash blossoms! These fragile fickle flowers are so gorgeous. I have only had them battered and fried, so why mess with success? I didn't even clean them, worried they might just disintegrate down the drain. I dipped them in some beaten eggs, then in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then into a shallow fry pan of oil. I turned them once, then set them on a paper towel, and seasoned them with salt and pepper. They were really delicious. I wanted more! Here is a post with more squash blossom recipes that my fellow Woodside CSA members shared.

5 comments:

the table 10 supper club said...

this is one of my most favorite veggies. i like them stuffed with whipped ricotta and dill, a scoatch of garlic and then lightly batter-fried. delishiousity.

Rocco Galatioto said...

Of course they could have given us more than 6. A man with a decent size
"panza" [pancia]cannot live on 6 zucchini flowers.

Joe G said...

Now that you have enough posts, let one of them ride for more than five minutes. You put up so many.

Jennifer Galatioto said...

OH KATHY! Now that sounds wonderful! Must try that. They are on the CSA this week! YAY!

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Oh I just LOVE squash blossoms. My grandmother used to make them stuffed with ricotta, parmesan and a little black pepper. Delicious!