Tuesday, November 24, 2009

GREENPOINT FOOD MARKET


This was my first visit to the Greenpoint Food Market. It rocks!
I shouldn't have finished off my leftover jaegerschnitzel for breakfast before heading over there because there were samples upon samples of amazing locally produced food. You could easily not eat lunch and be full when you leave. I started with coffee from Cafe Grumpy to keep me alert during sampling. There coffee is amazing.
I am all about perishable gifts during the holidays because I hate getting so much crap that I don't know what the hell to do with, so I thought this would be a great first stop for holiday shopping. I am definitely going to come back here closer to the holidays to score food gifts.
And, if you are raw and/or vegan, this is a great place to get lots of yummy snacks.
Anarchy in a Jar was there. These girls make amazing jams, preserves and chutneys.
I picked up a tub of this Cobra Pate, which is vegan nut pate. Its insanely good. The branding got me over to the table and the pate kept me there for seconds. I got the walnut, lavender maple syrup. It goes so well with celery. This is good stuff and keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge.
There was homemade tempeh, kimchi, lots of chocolates, sandwiches, lots of cookies.
I am definitely going back with an empty stomach and a christmas shopping list.

2 comments:

Joann Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by and featuring us on the blog!
Our next market is planned for Dec 19th and will be a holiday special. Perishable gifts are the way to go!!

Rocco Galatioto said...

Great. We have to go there together because I must taste some Grumpy coffee being a grumpy old man.