Thursday, November 5, 2009

GRILLED SHRIMP AND TURNIP SOUP

Turnip soup is a favorite of mine. This time I made it with Indian Spices. In hot oil I sauteed some black mustard seed, cumin seeds and hot chili flakes until the mustard seeds popped, then added chopped onions, garlic and grated ginger. Next, I added cubed turnip and potatoes. I added some water and vegetable bouillon and let everything simmer until the vegetables were soft, then I used to hand mixer to puree it all together and simmer it for a while longer until thick. Meanwhile I marinated some shrimp in some lime juice and salt and grilled it. I served it over the soup with fresh parsley.

1 comment:

Rocco Galatioto said...

When you asked me to have dinner with you the other night, I should have accepted. As we say in Sicilian: ogni lassata e' pirduta, or in Italian ogni lasciata e perduta. It means that every chanche that you pass up is lost forever. I just love your creativity. I can almost taste the food through your photos. Love.
BTW the Yaaaaaaakies win!